Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Portable Radio (My own project)....

Yesterday, I have seen my long long time project once more – my motorcycle portable radio and amplifier. These are basically used in my motorcycle as a sound set-up allowing you to hear music while on the go. However, after months of usage, I somewhat got pissed of it. So, I decided to ripped it off out of my byke and place it somewhere in my garage. After a year of keeping it in the box, I suddenly bump on it and got an idea to make it as a home radio.

So, here it goes...

This is the 50 ohm speaker that I have used and below it is the fm radio assembly with fine tuning and an LED indicator once you have found a radio signal.


A 50 ohm mono amplifier with three selectors – volume, bass, and treble. It is powered using a 12 volt DC that is harnessed from my multi adapter that I have been using to power up electronic gadgets.


This is the whole assembly where the speaker, amplifier and radio assembly is fitted in place.


With a protruding antenna for wide and clearer radio coverage.

Volume, bass, and treble with their respective indicators.

Since the project was not planned, I only used available resources such as the empty zesto carton box where I place the whole assembly. The box has several small holes in it for the speaker.

Even thought that the assembly is placed in a carton box, the quality of sounds from the speaker is good enough. It only took me 30 minutes to clean, repair, assemble, and complete the project...

No comments: